Friday, August 17, 2007

Trusting God

One thing God has taught me the last few years is to completely, without doubt, trust Him. As easy as it sounds, it is often a hard thing to do! I was first met with the decision to trust Him or not when Dad said we were going to be leaving our church in Arkansas and most likely moving out of state. Although I did not have a single friend my age, we did have some family friends that I didn’t want to leave. In the difficult midst of moving, I struggled with God over having us move. However, God knows best. Trusting completely in God is one way He has worked in me the past few years, while we’ve moved multiple times. Once we had moved to Houston, Texas to begin a family integrated church, my Dad being the pastor, I was excited. Being a part of the family integrated church movement was a great thing for my family. It was what we believed all along and I had like-minded friends my age. Soon though, we realized we would need to relocate to a different part of Houston. It turned out that there was a group of about 10 families that needed a pastor about an hour away from where we lived. Dad met with them and we started the church that January. Once again, I was met with the decision to trust God or not. I was led to the verse again and again in Isaiah 55 that says, “My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways.” God had to really work through me to get me to trust HIM. I wanted to tell HIM what I thought we should do; in fact, I really didn’t want to move to this new city to be with new people. I was fine where we were! Just as in the former move, I had to cry out to God, seeking Him and letting go of my will, submitting to Him and trusting Him. One of the verses I learned before the first move was Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge HIM, and he will make your paths straight.” I guess I had not completely surrendered to God and trusted Him, so he had to take me through another similar circumstance. Now, I can’t believe my previous actions. I am truly blessed by my church family and can’t imagine leaving! God is SO good, and even though it’s sometimes hard to trust Him, know that He is good, and His ways are always best.

No comments: