Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Eve Party

Many people gather together to celebrate and bring in the New Year. Likewise, we invited our whole church family over for a New Year’s Eve party! I think everyone had an enjoyable time. We played games, including a family game of “I never…”, and cup stacked! We also “braved” the nippy mid 40 degree weather to shoot fireworks. (Yes, Houstonians are not accustomed to cold weather at all) :) We also gathered together to pray as a body of believers. And the first thing we did after the stroke of midnight??? Cup stacked! We also played the cup game for a while.

Ultimately, it was a terrific time of fun and fellowship. Now friends, what did you do for New Year’s Eve?


(image from Photo Explosion software)

6 comments:

Mandy Grace said...

What a great way to ring in the new year! (40 degrees sounds awfully cold to me. Oh how I can't wait till summer!)

My sisters and I learned how to play the cup game on Zoom too! *giggle* We used to play it all the time. :-)

Joyfully,
Mandy

Kristen said...

What a great New Year's party!!! The cup stacking game is so fun! I actually just learned it recently -- my friends taught me when we went to Family Camp w/ some of the families from our church. After one of the meals, several of the kids got together into a huge group, lined up numerous tables, and had a big "cup stacking" game! (it was really loud too, because they were using plastic cups!)
~ On New Year's Eve, we drove to our grandparents to greet our cousins and spent the evening with them. However, I didn't even stay up 'til midnight! Oh well! Blessings to you throughout this New Year! *Kristen*

~Bryant said...

Oh, fun! We had a little party at our house on New Year's Day!
Cup games are so fun! I know several different ones, some are done to a song, and others with just the banging of the cups. That makes enough noise, anyway! [grin]

Blessings!

Kaysie said...

Hello Allison!

Thank you for your e-mail and for visiting my blogs! Your words were such an encouragement to me; I was needing some eternal encouragement today.
Your blog looks lovely and I will add you to my blogroll. Keep up your great work!

God bless you!
Kaysie

katie said...

That was SOOO much fun! We also leaned the cup game from Zoom and Family Camp. (A mix of both)
~ Katie

Gsabih15 said...

Allison~
I so wish I could have been there with you I miss hanging out with you, the Brant's and the Cook's. I will come out to visit sometime!!!!