Saturday, May 3, 2008

Boasting

Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD." ~Jeremiah 9:23-24

This verse says that if we boast in anything, it should be in the Lord, that we understand and know Him! Do you understand and know the Lord? Do you have a tendency to boast in your accomplishments? Replace the wrong thoughts and words with boasting in the Lord!
The song "How Deep the Father's Love for Us" has a phrase that goes like this:
I will not boast in anything,
no gifts, no power, no wisdom,
but I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

James 4:16 states, "As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil."

Ask God to guard your mouth so that you don't boast about yourself, but instead about Him and all He's done for you!

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. ~Psalm 19:14

2 comments:

Miss Jocelyn said...

I do admit I do boast of my own accomplishments and it's something I really should stop before I do it. Thanks for this great reminder. :)

Blessings!
MJ

Check out:
A Pondering Heart
Growing In Grace Magazine WRITER
Homesteading Carnival

Kalani said...

Thanks for the reminder! So many times I tend to focus on the new testement scriptures, when the "old" testement is so powerful! "to know and understand the Lord"-- It's wonderful that the Lord desires us to reveal Himself to us!!