Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blackberry picking

Tuesday evening mom took my siblings and me blackberry picking with some friends of ours. Except for the "prickles" and "pokes" on the bushes, the kids had a ton of fun! It was funny, because the younger ones became competitive in their picking--they raced to see who could pick fastest! I took 300 pictures in the hour we picked, but not all of them were decent. :) This was the first time for all of us to pick blackberries, and because of the thorny bushes, it's slower! My mom suggested that we bring gloves the next time we pick to push back the bushes to get to the yummy blackberries! I have many pictures I could share with you, so I'll separate them into 2 posts, or even three if I find a bunch I like! Be on the lookout for more!

rows of blackberries!

I see lots!

Found one!

Got it!

multitude of blackberries



3 comments:

Maiden of Purity said...

Oh my! Those berries look extremely YUMMY! Ooooh, I would love to have a few of those!

Kristen said...

MMMMM... those do look good! Lots of tasty treats out of those!

callie said...

That was a fun day! thank you for taking me! But I was sleepy when you came to get me because me and caleb where playing in the pool that I got!