Monday, July 7, 2008

Ideas for Summer Productivity

“What to do, what to do?” you may sometimes think. Or how ‘bout the complaint, “I’m bored!” Or do you ever think, “There’s nothing to do!!” Usually the problem is not that there is nothing to do, but rather, nothing fun (in your opinion) that you would enjoy.
"Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude. I like fun." ~ Colleen C. Barrett
So how about finding some productive things to do that are fun?!? You can have fun doing anything, if you have a good attitude about it! Consider these questions…
    • What all can I do to that would glorify God?
    • How can I serve and bless my family today? (specific questions below)
    • ~What is something that my siblings would love for me to do with or for them?
      ~How can I help my mother with all her work today?
      ~How can I bless my father?
    • How can I make my room look better (making my bed, straightening up, organizing…)
    • What is something that really needs to be done in our home (dishes, vacuuming, dusting…)
    • What is something I really need to accomplish? (project, assignment…)
    If you ask yourself these questions, surely there is something you can find to do! In order to complete some things this summer, you must be willing to take initiative.
    “How does a project get to be a year behind schedule? One day at a time.” ~ Fred Books

    If you’d like some more ideas, here are some (some specifically apply to boys or girls) :

    -Memorize Scripture
    - Read (join a summer reading program!)
    - Sew
    - Write a letter (to a grandparent, friend…)
    - Cook or bake
    - Scrapbook
    - Stamp
    - Practice your instrument(s)
    - Mow the lawn
    - Play a game with your sibling(s)
    - Sing
    - Volunteer as a mother's helper
    - Write notes to your sibling(s) and parents telling them how much you love them!
    - Wash and vacuum the car
    - Wash and fold laundry (this is never-ending...) :)
    - Help with dinner
    - Learn! Pick a book from the library on a subject you're interested in and start learning!


    "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." ~ John Wesley

    Have an enjoyable and productive summer! :)

5 comments:

Maiden of Purity said...

Those are some wonderful ideas! Thanks for showing it out and letting others know! I am having a great summer. I make a list each morning of the things I NEED to accomplish, as each one goes by I mark it off. It works very well for me. I try to get everything done before 3, so that I can have the rest of the day. I love to go outside and play with my wonderful siblings, there's nothing better than a good laugh or two! Have a blessed week and summer!

Vanessa

Amanda Grace said...

Hi Allison ~ I hope your technology-free month is going well! That's a great list of ideas to keep from being bored. When my sisters and I were younger we used to make similar lists of things we could do while our mom was helping the other with her schoolwork. :-)

Have a great rest of the month!
Blessings,
Amanda

Kristen said...

Great ideas!

I love that last quote!

Kristen

Meshaay said...

It's nice to be reminded of things to do that glorify Christ in everyday life. I found lots of stuff in Titus.

A Godly Maiden said...

Wondeful idea list, Allison. I need to make myself a list like that for my days too!

~Lacy