"Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude. I like fun." ~ Colleen C. BarrettSo how about finding some productive things to do that are fun?!? You can have fun doing anything, if you have a good attitude about it! Consider these questions…
- What all can I do to that would glorify God?
- How can I serve and bless my family today? (specific questions below) ~What is something that my siblings would love for me to do with or for them?
- How can I make my room look better (making my bed, straightening up, organizing…)
- What is something that really needs to be done in our home (dishes, vacuuming, dusting…)
- What is something I really need to accomplish? (project, assignment…)
~How can I help my mother with all her work today?
~How can I bless my father?
“How does a project get to be a year behind schedule? One day at a time.” ~ Fred Books
If you’d like some more ideas, here are some (some specifically apply to boys or girls) :
- Read (join a summer reading program!)
- Write a letter (to a grandparent, friend…)
- Cook or bake
- Practice your instrument(s)
- Mow the lawn
- Play a game with your sibling(s)
- Volunteer as a mother's helper
- Write notes to your sibling(s) and parents telling them how much you love them!
- Wash and vacuum the car
- Wash and fold laundry (this is never-ending...) :)
- Help with dinner
- Learn! Pick a book from the library on a subject you're interested in and start learning!
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." ~ John Wesley
Have an enjoyable and productive summer! :)