Friday, September 19, 2008

Power's on!

Praise GOD from whom all blessings flow! Although we were beginning to get used to "living" without electricity, God graciously restored our power to us at 6pm Thursday night. It was quite an adventure living without power. God was SO good and gracious to give us beautiful weather while we were without electricity, but beginning yesterday it started warming up again. We are so thankful that we did not have to endure the Texas heat for days before our power returned. He's never early, but always *right* on time. We were borrowing a dear friend's house for washing clothes, cooking, and doing some school, and they are returning today, so we would not have so much of a luxury. Perfect timing to have power!
Thank you for your prayers. The detailed post of our evacuation, living the past few days, hurricane damage, and pictures is coming next! (Lord willing!)


6 comments:

Prentiss said...

Hello,

I am new to the blog, and I was just curious why do you always blur the faces?

P.S> feel free not to post this:)!!

Kristen said...

I am rejoicing with you over the wonderful news! Yay!

Allison said...

Prentiss,
My parents don't want the faces of our family displayed on the internet for our protection. :) I can post pictures that don't show faces (they would give specific features so people could find/recognize us). My parents feel safer that way.
Do you have a blog?

Maiden of Purity said...

Hey Ally!

Praise the Lord! I'm so happy to hear that news. I've been praying for you and your family a lot, and all last weekend y'all were on my mind! :) I even went on your friend Caleb's blog and asked him if he had any updated news on y'all, and he did! Take care and email when you get the chance!

Nessa

~Bryant said...

That's wonderful that you have power now! My grandmother was out of power for a week this past winter, and it was SO cold! I'm glad the weather's been nice for your family.

Looking forward to upcoming posts!

Jasmine said...

Glad to hear it's back on, Allison!