Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Decorated room!

Hello to all in the blogging world...
I know a lot of my recent posts have been pictures and a few words, and I apologize, but that's all I have time for right now! October appears to be an extremely busy month, with almost every weekend filled, and two CLEP tests! We'll see how long it takes me to get some "real" stuff up. :)

Recently (although it seems like a LONG time ago) I celebrated my 16th birthday. At my request, we worked on decorating my room we painted in May. I still didn't have anything on the walls, because I didn't know what I was going to do. With the help of a mother who is a wonderful interior decorator and a creative sister, we made it look much better! Katie did a lot of sewing for me as well! She made the 4 pillows on the bed, and the round one she made up without a pattern! She also created the wreath with some flowers we picked out. What I love the most though, are the 2 frames we designed/made. I've been wanting to Scripture up on walls in frames, but I never expected to make some so beautiful! I really wanted to incorporate the Rebelution's theme - Do Hard Things with a verse, and you'll notice that below.


pillows my sister made!


Notice the new bedskirt (but don't look too closely, or you'll see a place that hasn't been sewn yet) :)
The heads are back ;) (top of bookshelves)


wreath

curtain and pillow material

Ephesians 5:15-16 with "Do Hard Things" below :)
The small frames are going to hold some pictures I've taken, but haven't been printed yet.


"True Beauty"...



7 comments:

Scott Head said...

Very nice! What a blessing to have a sister and mother with such skills, and your desire to use your own gifts to make things lovely and of good report!

Hope the CLEP testing study is going well too!

Pastor Head

Katie said...

I also sewed most of your bed skirt(you did sew a little) and the curtains and I also did them all without patterns.

I like how the frames turned out and how the wreath looks against you wall color!

~Katie

Caleb said...

Wow! It looks very nice!

Hope you do good on the CLEP!

Noelle said...

Very pretty Allison! I love the colors!

Kira said...

What a beautiful room you have! You did a nice job on it...

In Christ,
Kira
http://themissionofachristian.wordpress.com

Angie said...

Allison~ Your room is beautiful. I particularly like your coordinating materials and your framed scriptures. Very lovely, like you.

Love,
Mrs. Head

Callie said...

I love the room! Did you sew anything?