Friday, October 24, 2008

Maiden's Quest--pictures of formal

Katie wanted to wear formals to Maiden's Quest tea party. In order to make a formal I found at the thrift store modest, I had to get out a needle and thread and put my fingers to work! I added sleeves, a small top piece, and a little material on the sides of the shoulder straps. The neat thing is that I didn't buy ANY material!!! I used the extra on the bottom to put on the top. :)


top piece added (above)

top completed!



My sister did my hair (She's incredible! She makes up her own hairstyles and tries them on me)

Cake I had to take a picture of! (no, I didn't make it)




8 comments:

Maiden of Purity said...

Wow, that is a beautiful dress! That's amazing how you could make something like that. Some people are just really talented, you're one of them! Your hair is absolutely beautiful. It must be nice to have a sister close(er) to your age. I have one- 12 years younger and then brothers in the middle! LOL! Have a great weekend!

In my prayers, Vanessa

Kristen said...

Beautiful job! That is so neat. I love your hair too. You and your sister are so creative!

Taylor said...

Hey Allison! Wow! your dress looks great! Your hair does too!
Great Job!

~Taylor

Kira said...

Wonderful job! Just Beautiful!

~ Kira
http://themissionofachristian.wordpress.com

~Bryant said...

Very pretty! I love your resourcefulness! And it's so neat how the Lord provided what you needed!

callie said...

I love the top! And the cake!(It looks so good)

Miss Jocelyn said...

Looks ravishing! Love the colour.. so very pretty!

Thanks for stopping by A Ponderning Heart, and entering the giveaway!

Blessings!
Miss Jocelyn

Maiden of Purity said...

Hey Ally,

You have been awarded for the Kindred Spirit. Go check my blog for further info. You were the first one I thought of awarding! God bless, Your friend, Nessa! :)

Date: 11/14/08