My sister tagged me with this adapted version of tags she's seen. Hopefully some of the information in this will be new for you, but some you probably already know!
Rules are: Try to come up with 50 facts about yourself as you can. If you're tagged you must try to do it! Its o.k. if you don't make it all the way to 50. You may use things from previous tags. Just have fun!
1. I’m a firm believer in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
2. I’m a Reformed Southern Baptist
3. I really, really, really, really don’t like Algebra (can’t say hate!)
4. I love getting college credit through CLEP tests!
5. I love fixing grammatical errors
6. I’ve cut two of my brothers’ hair before
7. The first time I cut my brother’s hair it took nearly an hour!
8. I’m an extrovert
9. If you don’t know what “extrovert” means, I’m a people person and draw my energy from being around friends/family
10. I’ve had the same favorite color (light blue) for many years
11. I think everyone looks good in blue :)
12. I’m practical
13. I love everything to be organized and clean
14. I have many folders inside folders on my computer to keep my documents organized
15. I used to be a minimalist (I still can be, but not as much). One summer I boxed up all but 4 or 5 shirts and wore the same shirts every week!
16. I love baking for my family
17. I had braces for a little over a year
18. I played in homeschool band (clarinet) for three years
19. I hate spicy food and my taste buds are really bland
20. I love to have worship music playing while I clean up. When our parents are gone, my siblings and I turn it up loud and sing merrily while we work! :)
21. I have a number of pen-pals and email-pals, but I’m terrible at consistently writing! (even though I love it!)
22. My family will tell you that I have a general dislike of dogs and cats (because I’m allergic). That’s not true; I actually think some are cute—it’s the work and trouble they (cough…our dog) cause(s) that bothers me.
23. I’m a rule-follower!
24. I attended a Monopoly tournament at the library and surprisingly won even though Monopoly is one of my least favorite games. I received a Borders gift card, which made it worth it. ;)
25. I’m not the person to ask about how a movie is the first time I see it. I think most movies are great the first time I see them because I miss so much!
26. My very best friends are my siblings, but I have a lot of other best friends outside of my family that follow behind them
27. I’m not funny, but…
28. I love to smile and laugh!
29. I’ve always been homeschooled and am convinced it is the biblical way of discipleship and training
30. I don’t watch T.V. (it’s a VERY rare occasion if I do), but I sometimes watch movies
31. I like my laundry to be folded a particular way—and read in a book how to fold “correctly”
32. I think trinkets are a waste because all you do is dust them. Teacups are okay because you use them, but they are the only “trinkets” I have
33. I like to throw things away. Seriously. When we clean and someone asks “What should we do with this?”, I say, “throw it away.” :)
34. I’m a city girl. The country doesn’t really appeal to me.
35. Caleb taught me some basic HTML, and I’ve taught myself a little as well
36. My sister has curled my hair using perm rollers
37. I have a Hope Chest, and it’s full!
38. I “ran away” from a family that was babysitting me when I was 18 months old and took their little girl with me. We left out the open back door and roamed the streets of L.A.
39. I love to play duets on the piano—or sing in parts
40. I usually have 3 or more tabs open while I’m online. Sometimes I’ll open too many and it will freeze up my computer.
41. My parents planned to go to Russia as missionaries when I was a baby, but God kept them in California church planting
42. I participated in a Dr. Seuss writing contest in 1st grade and won second place prize-a thousand dollar scholarship plus got my story published in the paper.
43. I love to collect great quotes
44. The one time I broke my wrist I was running backwards—racing a friend who was on rollerblades
45. I wanted a violin when I was younger and begged for one. When I finally got one for my 8th birthday, I played for a few months then decided it was too hard.
46. I have always been really picky about reading books in order. I read a majority of the boxcar children books in order, until I realized they weren’t written that way! Many other series I have also read that way, unless I couldn’t find the next book.
47. I really want another sister! :)
48. I took a Safe Sitter class at the hospital when I was 11.
49. I am a morning person; I am usually wide awake, cheerful, and think well in the mornings.
50. My name means “truthful one”. And guess what? I cannot tell a lie—even joke—without it being completely obvious!
I tag the following people:
I do not require that you do this, but I would really like it if you would!! :)