Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Carpetball

For my brother Luke's birthday, my dad and our visiting friend built a carpetball table. It's an exciting and entertaining diversion with pool balls! We had played at a family camp we've attended in the past and loved it, Luke especially. So he received a huge birthday present this year!

Your goal is to knock your opponent's balls into the hole on their end. Normally you use a cue ball to knock the others in, but since we don't have one we've been using one of the normal balls.

But before we could play, they had to build it. If you purchase one, they can cost $1,000 or more, so building saves you a lot of money!


After building the frame, they glued the carpet down


It's pretty long!



To play, set up your 5 five balls however you prefer on your side of the table


A common way is to line them up on the edge because it's more difficult to knock them into the hole


Then you roll the ball to hit your opponent's balls in!


Loads of fun!!

Sorry, our table looks a little dirty in some of the pictures. Pollen has been falling from the trees over it!

5 comments:

Kira said...

Wow! Looks like a lot of fun! :D

Blessings!

~ Kira

Maiden of Purity said...

Huh, what a great idea! That looks like a great deal of fun! Hey, I'm sorry that I haven't been commenting on your blog, I have been looking at it whenever you get a new post up, it's just been crazy lately, just like always! I know you understand. I'll try to email you back soon.

Vanessa

Kristen said...

Wow! How cool! We have always wanted to make one of those too. Family Camp memories... =) Carpetball is fun.

Michelle said...

Hi Allison!

I've been meaning to come over here and tell you I have a blog spot now too! I just got it recently, and then went out of town and haven't had a chance to find too many of my friends on here yet. :)

Anyway, so glad ya found me! Now we can hopefully keep in touch a bit better. :)

How have you been?

I love the carpet ball table--how neat! I've never heard of that game before, but it sounds fun.

I hope you're having a blessed day!
~Michelle

Sara said...

Looks like fun!
I've finally updated my blog with the tag you left for me...........thanks!
Sara