Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Recent Happenings...

School is officially over for us, so especially because I don’t presently have any more CLEP tests to study for, I have some time to write a post!

May was quite a busy month, partially because Luke and I had two hard CLEP tests to take, and partially because May always ends up being a busy month! You probably remember my mention of a post on 4 Homeschoolers that I directed you towards. The one on failure. After failing two CLEPs in a row, I took my own advice and began to try harder and work diligently so I would be more prepared for my upcoming tests.

I can’t attest to my great knowledge or wonderful test taking skills, but rather to my amazing God and the power of prayer. Right now my heart is just overflowing with joy and gratitude for God’s goodness which I am so undeserving of. Luke and I both passed the Government and Biology test, which are generally known as harder tests. Because of my mom’s diligent work with us, her encouraging us to persevere and work hard and the many, many people who prayed for us while we tested, God heard and gave us the grace to pass! To God be the glory!

Saturday we took the Biology CLEP, which is why my last post informed you that I wouldn’t have time to post in the upcoming week. The reason being of course, because we were quite busy studying!

The day before we took Biology the Lord brought the verses in Philippians 4:6-7 to mind:

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Whenever I would begin to become anxious before or during my test, I would pray and the peace I had during my test was clearly not from me!

So let me encourage you that whatever you are facing is not bigger than the mighty God we serve. If you feel anxious or worried, lay those anxieties at the feet of the Father and ask Him for His peace. God wants to use any trial or blessing you are given to turn you to Him and bring you to complete dependence and reliance on Him.


2 comments:

Maiden of Purity said...

I'm sooo happy about your passing on the CLEP test. Like I said, Marc and I were praying while eating cake in Germany!! Yeah, those last few weeks of school can get quite busy and packed. I noticed myself on how my posting has slowed down a lot.

Hey, by the way, thanks for adding your input as well on Joshua's blog about my question.

Nessa

Katie said...

Great post Ally! I love it when you do post like this!
Thanks
~Katie