Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A glimpse into my life...

I decided to divert from my regular posts and give you a peek at what we’ve been doing lately outside of the daily routine.  

For Thanksgiving I decided to send a few special pen-pals Thanksgiving cards.  You have to keep in mind that I am not the creative one of the family, and so my cards end up being quite plain and simple.  But it's the thought that counts, right?  :)  Oh, and the pictures are worse than I realized too, sorry about that. 





Saturday my sister and I made pumpkin and banana bread to take to our neighbors. Katie made cute little tags to tie onto our loaves.




Sunday our church celebrated our Thanksgiving, and we had a huge and delicious meal. We also learned about the fortitude and faith of pilgrims and their sacrifices, as well as emphasized missions by gathering our Operation Christmas child boxes and praying over them.




no, we didn't just eat pie ;)





As a Thanksgiving craft, Katie helped our little brothers make these adorable Indians and pilgrims out of toilet paper rolls! Aren’t they cute? :)







Recently we celebrated our dad’s birthday as well. We had a yummy banana cake which was his request.






 Have a blessed Thanksgiving!



5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Those cards are great, Allison!! I think you did a wonderful job on them. :)

Oh, the food looks really yummy! I love the tags Katie made for the bread. How creative!

I hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving!!

~ Love,
Lindsay

Maiden of Purity said...

I was one of those lucky pen-pals to get a Thanksgivig card! Thank you Allison! It was sooo kind and it brigtened up my day! You and Katie are such a blessing, making all of these gifts and cheering others! God bless you both! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dear friend! :)

Kayla said...

Wow great job on all of the stuff! I hope your dad had a great birthday! Thanks for being SO encouraging.

God bless,
Kayla

Rachel Sokolik said...

Wow, it's been way too long since I was last on here! :)
The cards were lovely- you definitely have talent in that area!
It looks like you all had a great Thanksgiving...
Thanks for sharing a glimsp into your life, I really enjoyed it!

Kristen said...

Lovely pictures. The cards are gorgeous, Allison (I was touched!). I am thinking about making a batch of pumpkin bread tomorrow... we'll see if I get to it. I love the Thanksgiving tags you made too! The little pilgrims are so cute.