Saturday, February 20, 2010

Food inspires me...


It really does.  I know, I know, you’re really questioning my sanity now. 

You see, I was reading the Cheerios box the other day and found their motivational tool quite pitiful as well as apt to produce laziness.   How so?  It suggested doing what they called “non-challenging” things.  An example: “Moving a couch is a challenge.  Getting off the couch is a non-challenge.”

This, along with the Doritos bag, is the encouragement we get from our culture.  It’s easier than ever to be complacent when we think we're doing well to get off the couch or eat Honey Nut Cheerios.  In the midst of this common advice of our society, what do we find ourselves doing and encouraging others to do?  Do we applaud doing non-challenging things, and just doing anything?   Or do we esteem doing hard things for the glory of God?  Through our conversations and actions, what are we supporting?  Is it based on what the Bible says, or what the world is telling us?

I'm probably the only one that receives inspiration from the backs of cereal boxes or chip bags.  Oh, wait, I'm not.  :)

I'm in the process of working on other real posts, I just haven't had the time needed to complete them. :)

2 comments:

LocaChica said...

Hehe, I don't think you're insane at all!!
Sorry I haven't commented on your blog much recently, I haven't been online much at all. I hope I can do some catching up though :)
LocaChica

Kristen said...

haha! So true, Allison! I remember noticing the "Do SOMETHING" on the dorito bag too... and I agree that it is pathetic. Wow. I hope our lives aren't fixated on just doing "something," but instead have a high mark and intention of doing everything for a purpose. And, may that purpose always be to glorify God and know Him better... which takes training. =)