Thursday, March 4, 2010

Things to think on...

Did you read my media post?  I hope so.  If not you can now.  :)
This is a continuation of that topic, or rather some questions that I think are very good to ask ourselves about the media we allow into our lives...

Does it violate the standard of Philippians 4:8?
Would you be embarrassed to watch it with Jesus?
Is it something you have to hide?
Does it cause you to isolate yourself from family members or friends?
Does it cause you to neglect other responsibilities?
Do you have a greater appetite for media, social networking, or entertainment than you do for spending time in God’s Word or in other activities that nourish your spiritual life?
Are you addicted?  (A great way to find out if you’re addicted is to give it up for 30 days.  If you can’t do it, you’re addicted)

If you answered yes to any of the above ask the Lord to help you evaluate your media usage and establish wise boundaries that are pleasing to Him and healthy to you!

Found in the book Lies Young Women Believe.  


2 comments:

Wilson said...

Allison,
I often find myself asking these very questions when I view a "new video" or any other form of entertainment, however I confess that I don't always listen to those prodings because My flesh craves such idle entertainment. I think you put the whole idea in the right perspective.

Emily Liska said...

I love all those questions!!! Such a good reminder! It is so easy for me to find myself wasting my time in media and such!! Thank you for your uplifting posts! They have all been a blessing! Keep it up!