Sunday, June 20, 2010

What should we fear?

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." 
-Franklin Delano Roosevelt




Is this true?

I think not! So where can we find a basis for a refutation of this statement? Scripture of course! :)
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom” Prov. 9:10
“Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.” Matt. 10:28
“Now fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and in faithfulness.” Joshua 24:14

We have to make sure that we don’t just accept ideas before taking them to Scripture!


3 comments:

LocaChica said...

Very true. Great reminder :)
LocaChica

Deb said...

So true...so true.

Shelby L'Rae said...

Amen! I'm really loving this blog. *happy dance* I'm so glad I met you today! :D

It's so easy to swallow such popular statements in our culture, is it not? I've heard all of these quotes, not necessarily spoken/written by devout Christians and yet heralded by Christians as truth - nearly equivalent in authority to Scripture!

I'm so impressed by the way you are applying Scripture to everything - separating the truth from error and not standing for one bit of leaven to be mixed in. It's so rare and refreshing.

It's great- I talked to you for about an hour and I'm already thanking God for putting you and your words into my life.

Praise the Lord for Christian fellowship and friendship!

Thanks so much for your warm hospitality this morning. I was very welcomed and comfortable. I do hope we keep in touch!

Christ's blessings,
Shelby