Tuesday, September 28, 2010

First...and Last Post of September

This is the update post that no one probably reads. But if you want to know why I haven't posted in a while, you'll get an idea. :)

Life is as full as ever as I’ve begun to adjust to my college workload for this semester, fulfilling my obligations at home, running errands (with my somewhat newly acquired license) and various other tasks. Teaching piano six hours a week and teaching a CLEP study group an hour and a half a week are a couple things that fill my afternoon time. A year ago I was teaching four piano students, and now I have tripled that!

As a senior in college, I’m actively working to acquire all my needed credits to graduate next spring. Currently I’m taking a seminary course on Christian Ethics through a seminary extension, working on an online photography class through my college, and studying for a DSST test. My siblings are doing school Tuesday-Saturday, and I’m doing at least some school six days a week, partially because of when assignments are due and because Friday is a light day of school for me because I start teaching piano at 12. I’m getting near the end of my degree completion and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it’s still involving a good chunk of time each day since I’m not solely studying for tests but actually taking classes as well. My degree plans have changed since I graduated from high school last semester, but it’s all working out well. God is good.

As you may have noticed, my wonderful sister has been working on my blog design. I’ve had the same header, template and colors since I started blogging over 2 years ago, and since then I’ve considered re-doing it but never got around to it. My wonderful sister Katie designed my blog header and background. What do you think?

Blogging has been one of the very last things on my agenda. And that would be pretty obvious since I haven’t posted in over a month. Despite my lack of writing on my blog, I have been writing a little for my ethics course. In fact, I mentioned to a couple friends that I could post my writings on those topics, but for some reason they graciously turned down my suggestion. ;) Actually, in the future I may post some of things I’ve concluded as I sort through them in my own mind. We shall see...

Katie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one am totally interested in reading your papers on Christian Ethics!! That topic fascinates me so much, and I'd love to hear what you have to say about it.

The new blog design looks great!

~Ash

Benjamin Paulding said...

Hello Allison!
I guess we haven't officially "met", but my name is Benjamin Paulding, and I'm a current CollegePlus! student, majoring in accounting!
I'm working on creating a CollegePlus! Student community page for my website, and one of the things I've been trying to do is to link up to student blogs. Hannah H informed me that you have a blog, and if I can get your permission, I'd love to link it to my website. Would that be okay with you?

Allison said...

Benjamin,
I don't mind at all if you link to my blog, however, I'm not a CollegePlus! student, if that's what you need. :) I'm getting my degree through TESC, but I've done it on my own (with a lot of help from my mom).
Thanks for your comment!
Allison

Kristen said...

Love the new blog look! Tell Katie she did a beautiful job!

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are busy!