Sunday, December 12, 2010

End of the Year Reflections


I can’t believe this year is nearly over. As this year comes to a close, I’ve been processing some various things. What God has taught me this year. How He wants to me to use what He’s taught me this year to implement changes in my life this upcoming year. Praying about what I need to do next year. How I need to spend my time when college is done. What ways I can further His kingdom. How He wants to accomplish His will in my life.

When I think about all the different things that could happen and all the choices, I just have to say, “God, I don’t know. Show me what Your direction is for me this next year.” Because while there are so many things I could do, I want to do what God has clearly shown me that He wants me to do.

God has been faithful. I’m amazed as I look back over this past year at all that has happened. And I think this next year will hold even more. Maybe unexpected turns, perhaps things I don’t want to do, but nevertheless, learning and growing experiences.

The next few weeks I want to encourage you to take the time to “review” this past year. Write down and see how God has worked in your life—what He has taught you, how He has grown you spiritually, how He has led and guided you throughout this year. I want to encourage you to consider what He is asking you to do next year. I want you to think about what idols and things are pulling you down and keeping you from being fully useful to God. As I do these things, I want to encourage you to do the same.

So start out with these two questions:
Ask God, “What have you taught me this year?”
And then find the way to use what He’s taught you by asking, “How can I implement changes in my life based on what I have learned this year?”




“May I live by Thee, live for Thee, never be satisfied with my Christian progress but as I resemble Christ.”
Valley of Vision


Katie

No comments: