Wednesday, December 15, 2010

X-Ray Questions: questions to identify idols

If you read my last post, you know that I encouraged you to think about and pray about what God wants you to do next year.  In addition, I want to give you some resources that I'm using to help identify the areas I need to change, and in what ways my sin is affecting how God wants to use me next year.

So, for the first resource, I'm dividing these 35 questions up so you can think about them in more depth.  This is a resource from New Attitude (now called NEXT) that I found here

1. What do you love? Hate?
2. What do you want, desire, crave, lust, and wish for? What desires do you serve and obey?
3. What do you seek, aim for, and pursue?
4. Where do you bank your hopes?
5. What do you fear? What do you not want? What do you tend to worry about?
6. What do you feel like doing?
7. What do you think you need? What are your ‘felt needs’?
8. What are your plans, agendas, strategies, and intentions designed to accomplish?
9. What makes you tick? What sun does your planet revolve around? What do you organize your life around?



Katie

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Thanks Allison! I really needed this and the last post. I have some evaluating to do...
Have a wonderful Christmas with your family! Tell them hello for me!

Blessings in Christ!

Vicki said...

Wow, Allison, these are very thought-provoking ... I like how they don't have "right" or "wrong" answers, but they are "leading" questions to help us pinpoint areas of weakness in our spiritual walk. I think most of us could stand to ask ourselves these questions seriously ... I know I could.

Thank you for posting these!

Love in Christ,
Vicki