Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Lord Reigns!

Isn’t it comforting to know we can trust the Lord no matter what we face? That He is on the throne, and in the end will work all things out for our good and His glory?

Psalm 62:2 encourages me that “He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.” No matter the difficulty we face, God is there as our fortress, and while life on earth won't always be perfect and happy, He promises that we will not be greatly shaken.

"Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us." (Psalm 62:8) That's what difficult circumstances should do to us--they should turn us to our loving Father. We should pour out our hearts before Him, trusting and awaiting what He will do through our circumstances.

God uses our circumstances to sanctify us. No matter what happens, we can trust that our sovereign Lord has our best (not what we perceive as best, but what is really best) for us.

I’ve shared this quote before, but I must share it again as it encourages me and fits with this post.
“Rather than focusing on what you would like to see happen, realize that God may be more concerned with what He wants to see happen in you.” 
Henry Blackaby


Katie

1 comment:

Kristen said...

AMEN!

That last quote is great.