Friday, August 26, 2011

Your Response Matters

From the transcript of Nancy DeMoss's radio program today.

"I think what Psalm 37 is saying is that in our responding to evil, we should not do evil ourselves. But when we get defensive or bent out of shape, we start to take on the characteristics of those that we’re angry at, then we have sinned. We have become evildoers, and we forfeit the opportunity to influence evildoers in godly ways. We forfeit the opportunity to be redemptive.


You see, every time I react to a circumstance, I react to an evildoer, I react to somebody who is wronging me or wronging somebody that I love. When I react to that, I’m giving the world an impression of Christ. This is an opportunity for me to show Christ who loves sinners, who did not defend Himself, who did not retaliate, who chose not to become angry or fretful, but chose to look up and chose to look ahead for the joy that was set before Him.


That’s who Christ is. That’s how he responded to wrongdoers, to evildoers. My circumstance, when I’m being wronged, or when I’m being affected by wrongdoing is an incredible opportunity to manifest to the world, to unbelievers, to believers, to my family, to my co-workers. It’s an opportunity to manifest to my friends how wonderfully perfect and extraordinarily pure the Son of God is." 


Are your responses to whatever you face today, whether that be good or bad, reflecting Christ in such a way that He is honored?

Katie

No comments: