Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Knowing God

You know, it's one thing to read in Scripture a truth about God, but it's another to experience that truth. It makes it so much sweeter.
"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken."  
Psalm 62:2
"But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works." 
Psalm 73:28

God has mercifully allowed me to experience these truths recently.  It reminds me of the chorus from a new song I've heard.
More than my next breath
More than life or death
All I'm reaching for, I live my life to know You more
I leave it all behind, You're all that satisfies
To know You is to want to know You more
To Know You, Casting Crowns

"God does not merely want you to read about Him, He wants you to know Him."
Henry Blackaby

May we seek and encounter God in such ways that we come to know Him at a deeper level, and long for Him more and more.
Katie

No comments: