Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Finally posting... :)

I haven’t posted much in the last couple months; I haven’t known what to post. However, God has been doing a lot in my life—teaching me things, transforming me, drawing me closer to Him. I will use the next several posts to share more about what God has been doing in me, in hopes that it will be an encouragement to you. You will find that there are some things He has taught me over the past weeks or months, but also in a broader scope there are things that He has been working in my life for years that He has continued to teach me.

God has used recent circumstances to shake me up out of my complacency, to re-think priorities, to examine my heart, to seek Him more, to look back at what He has been doing in my life this year and to consider what His direction is for the near future. I am officially a college graduate, but now I’m seeking God to see what His direction is for this season of life.

Right now I don’t know completely what it means. My time is partially spent so it’s not like I have all day, every day to pray and plan through. But there are many good things I could do and profitable ways I could spend the time I have.
“As you seek to know and obey God’s will, you must wait to proceed until you clearly understand what God wants you to do and how He wants you to do it.” Henry Blackaby

Sometimes God doesn’t give us direction for more than one day at a time, because His desire is for us to seek Him and put our trust in Him. I know that if He told me what was on His agenda for the next ten years of my life I would plan what I did tomorrow around that. But God is so much wiser than I. I trust that He will guide me where He desires and excitedly await what He has in store!


Katie

No comments: