Monday, November 14, 2011

Bless the Lord!

"Bless the Lord…and forget not all His benefits"
Psalm 103 is a great Psalm that encourages us to bless the Lord no matter what we’re facing. He has been so gracious to us in a multitude of ways and we should forever thank Him for what He has done.

I read a blog post a while back that encouraged me to start listing some of the things God has done for me. Specifically they were referring to trials, because when things aren’t going so well we are apt to complain and forget the numerous things that God has done for us. Even in the storms, God upholds us with His righteous right hand! So here are some of the things I have thanked God for…and I would encourage you to begin doing the same. Read Psalm 103 and start listing the things it reminds that God has done for you, and then add to the list as you think about the great things that God has done!

He has redeemed me by His precious blood
He is merciful and gracious
He has not treated my sins as they deserve
He is compassionate
He has heard my prayers
He redeems me
He gives me friends to encourage and pray for me
He has taught me many things
He convicts me when I have sinned
He has given me the grace to face whatever He allows
He works all things together for my good
He knows exactly what I need
He helps me to trust Him
He gives me peace
He is my source of joy


Katie

No comments: