Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trials

Many challenges and difficulties I’ve faced over the past several years have become sweet to me because God has grown me through them. I don’t pray for them, but in the aftermath I do appreciate how God works in me through them. In light of a recent difficulty, this is something I prayed:

“If Thou hast appointed storms of tribulation,
Thou wilt be with me in them;
If I have to pass through tempests of persecution and temptation,
I shall not drown;
If I am to die,
I shall see Thy face sooner;
If a painful end is to be my lot,
Grant me grace that my faith fail not;
If I am to be cast aside from the service I love,
I can make no stipulation;
Only glorify Thyself in me whether in comfort or trial,
As a chosen vessel met always for Thy use.” (Valley of Vision, book of puritan prayers)


Katie

No comments: