Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012

What is your mindset going into this new year?

If we neglect God’s Word and prayer, we are saying with our hearts and actions: “I can do it all by myself.”
Jesus has a different perspective: “Apart from me you can do nothing.” He says in John 15:5.

When we sit at Jesus’ feet, we are saying: “I need you! I can’t obey you without your help. I can’t serve you in my own strength. I can’t walk in a manner worthy of the gospel by myself. I need your grace.” 

We can't do anything on our own. We must learn to sit before the Lord this upcoming year, acknowledging our great dependence on Him and seeking Him with our whole heart.


Katie

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Thank you so much for sharing the link to the Girltalk.com website, Allison - their articles on "sitting out the holidays" were extremely uplifting and encouraging for me. I pray that 2012 will be a wonderful year for you and your family!!

Love in Christ,
Vicki
http://nomoreafraid.blogspot.com/