Monday, September 10, 2012

Trials, Joys, and the Mighty Work of God

It was exciting to watch God work in the second city. The difficulties made it all the more sweeter and wonderful as I watched God work through my weaknesses, my tiredness and my incapability. The work He was doing, particularly in one administrator’s heart, was incredibly exciting. The opportunities we had there to share with people and to watch God work were completely worth the challenges. We had the opportunity to teach one of our administrators “How Deep the Father’s Love for Us” (and explain the words!), and that became our theme song there.

Even though the beginning was very hard and overwhelming, the last few days went wonderfully. I felt like God renewed and refreshed me and gave me the energy I needed to complete each task set before me. I wasn’t overwhelmed, but began to rest that God had everything under control and knew exactly what I needed. I began to get better sleep (though still not my normal amount) and God was so good to supply all my needs. As Paul says in 2 Corinthians 12, “I will most gladly spend and be spent for your souls.” This is not an easy task, and definitely not one we can accomplish in our own power. But with God's power, it is a joy to give to others.

The Hudson Taylor quote I posted in July really resonated with me while I was in China:

“It makes no matter where He places me, or how. That is rather for Him to consider than for me; for in the easiest positions He must give me His grace, and in the most difficult His grace is sufficient… So, if God place me in great perplexity, must He not give me much guidance; in positions of great difficulty, much grace; in circumstances of great pressure and trial, much strength?”
Hudson Taylor


Katie

No comments: