Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer Review

“You have multiplied, O Lord my God, Your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with You! I will proclaim and tell of them, but they are more than can be told!” Psalm 40:5

This is how I feel right now. My heart is overflowing in gratitude as I think about the things God has done and His greatness. It’s been a joyful and rewarding summer. I want to proclaim and tell of the things God has done, but they are more than can be told! I spent the summer at Life Action camp, serving in a leadership and discipleship role. It was a new experience for me, and that brought challenges. I knew I couldn’t prepare for everything, which made me a bit nervous. But it was exciting prospect too in light of my passions and things I had been studying.

There were many things God did in my heart while serving, specifically growing me in obedience to something He had begun working in my heart months ago, guiding me to recognize my dependence on Him by strengthening my prayer life (particularly intercession), stripping away things to help me treasure Him more, and showing me how to extend grace towards others.

I learned …
  • To look to God, Him being my source
  • See my work as His divine power at work within me
  • The joy and privilege of ministering and pouring out for the sake of others
  • To pray more as God burdened my heart for specific people or situations
  • To be thankful that God uses me, even though He doesn’t need me

Ways God clearly worked:
  • Prayer answered
  • Regenerating hearts
  • Divine opportunities to share the gospel or other truth about Him
  • Conviction and clear direction

I love how God works. I went to camp to minister and help others grow, yet I'm the one that God refined and grew. I'm so blessed.

How has God been working in you this summer? Have you told others?


Allison

No comments: