Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Faithful God

Sometimes my lack of blogging stems from not knowing what to write. Sometimes it's due to lack of time. But other times, it's because God is doing so many things in my heart and life, I don't know where to start. This year has felt that way in a variety of ways.

As I've been working to summarize some of the main things God's taught me and ways He's refined and changed me, I've been in awe of His goodness. I've seen His mercy overflow in new ways each morning.

This year, one of the songs that has ministered and encouraged me and reminded me of the powerful God I serve is this one:

Faithful God by Shai Linne

Part of the lyrics state:
When we believed, You were faithful to save us
And that means You’ll be faithful to change us
And the Spirit of Jesus will keep us ’til
You make us holy and blameless


It's such an incredible truth that God remains faithful even when I am unfaithful to Him, and He continues to work in me, revealing sin, unveiling His holiness, giving me desires to please Him, conforming me to His image. I quickly give up on others, but He never gives up on me. What a great God we serve!

How has God been faithful to you this year?


Allison

No comments: